- If my safety seat is not specified in the vehicle list, is it not compatible with my car?
Our safety seats are approved according to the ECE r44 standard, so if the seat fits in your car, you can use it. We continuously work on keeping the vehicle list up-t0-date.
- Do you have an adapter which allows me to attach the Babyfix infant seat to my stroller?
Yes, there is an adapter for the infant seat which has Maxi Cosi attachments. First, you require the Maxi Cosi adapter to your stroller, after which you may attach the infant seat to the stroller.
- Do I always have to use the support leg when installing the safety seat in a rear-facing position?
Yes, when installing the safety seat in a rear-facing position, you are required to use the support leg. This is how the seat is tested and approved.
- How many years does a safety seat last?
It is recommended that you discard a safety seat older than 8 years.
- Where can I see what date the chair was manufactured?
On the bottom of the seat, there are two watches that show the year and month the seat was manufactured.
- Can I attach the tether straps for my Duofix in the Isofix anchors, when the seat is in a forward-facing position secured with the car’s three-point belt?
Yes, that is recommended, so that the seat is secured and cannot slide around even when the seat is not in use.
- Our car seat is too steep. How can I decrease the angle of the safety seat?
If the position of the safety seat is too steep, you may purchase our angle wedge, which enables a more suitable resting angle.
- How should the headrest be positioned to provide the best protection?
It is generally preferable that at least half the ear is positioned inside the headrest. This provides an excellent protection for your child.
- Is it okay to use the headrest’s seven fixed positions while using the seat in a rear-facing position?
Yes, that is fine. As the child grows older, you may also use the seat’s unique function, which automatically adjusts the position of the headrest to the height of the child.
- Is it necessary to use the lower tether anchors on the Duofix if it’s secured with Isofix?
Yes, you have to use lower tether anchors with the Duofix when securing it with Isofix. The seat is also approved to be secured with the car’s three-point belt, rear-facing up to 25 kg.
- Until what age is it appropriate for the child to sit in a rear-facing position?
It is safer for the child to sit in a rear-facing safety seat for as long as possible; at least until the age of 4, but preferably longer. It is 5 times safer to sit in a rear-facing position, rather than forward-facing.
- Can I buy additional tether straps for my safety seat?
Yes, you can purchase additional tether straps from one of our retailers.
- Can I wash the seat’s clothing in a washing machine?
Yes, you may wash it running a 40° short cycle.
- Can I use my safety seat in the middle rear seat?
Yes, you can use your Axkid safety seat on any seat that has a 3-point seat belt.
- Where can I download the instruction manual for my Axkid product?
If an online instruction manual is available, you may find it on the individual product page for your product.
Rear-facing Swedish safetyaxkid
We are a Swedish company with a passion for child safety on the roads. Our solution is rear-facing travel, for as long as possible. We believe that safety, comfort and training must be intertwined. Improved standards and greater awareness save lives.